Design Assurance: Introducing Document Conversion Testing
We have streamlined the process for testing the visual conversion of reports, making it more accessible and efficient than ever before. We have eliminated many of the previous steps. Instead, we've integrated a user-friendly function into the CtrlPrint platform, allowing you to export a test version in XHTML directly from the project- and chapter page.
Why should you use this feature?
Following our best practices, it is of utmost importance to ensure the flawless visual conversion of your documents. What's even more advantageous is the ability to do so early in the production cycle. By doing this, you can significantly reduce potential stress during critical reporting periods.
What can you expect to achieve?
By engaging in the test conversion, you'll have the opportunity to assess the visual accuracy of your report in its ESEF version. Should any discrepancies arise, you'll be alerted to anomalies – whether it's specific characters appearing different from the rest or misaligned tables. For a more in-depth exploration of this, you can read more here in our ESEF best practices guide.
How does the process unfold?
- Create a test project in CtrlPrint and make sure to include Test in the name of the project to avoid any confusion.
- Upload a chapter of the report. Make sure to have both text and tables in the chapter for a more comprehensive check.
- Log in as an administrator and activate ESEF Reporting. Make sure you enter the correct settings.
- Click on the context menu of the chapter you wish to test and select the option "Create XHTML File". This will begin the export of the XHTML version of the chapter.
- Click on the bell icon in the top right hand corner of CtrlPrint and then Download. Once the file is downloaded, you can then open the downloaded file in a web browser to see the results of the conversion from PDF to XHTML.
Embrace this innovative testing feature to seamlessly evaluate your report's visual conversion. By following these simple steps, you'll be well-equipped to ensure the precision and consistency of your design across formats.